The annual Green Thumb Garden Contest 2013 is in full swing. The Communities in Bloom Committee in conjunction with the Kelowna City Parks Department is calling on all citizens to nominate “Best Gardens” in Kelowna. There are a large number of different categories to chose from:
GREEN THUMB GARDEN CONTEST 2013
COMMUNITIES IN BLOOM
submitted by Wilma Schellenberger
Hello Garden Enthusiasts!
The CiBloom Committee, led by the City Parks Department is once again sponsoring
the citywide GREEN THUMB GARDEN CONTEST.
Everyone is invited to nominate beautiful gardens – your own or your friendʼs, or a
garden you have seen somewhere in Kelowna – no garden is too small, as long as it is
outstanding in some way.
There are many different categories CiBloom has embraced. They are:
FLORAL AND LANDSCAPING:
- Large and Small Commercial Landscaping around commercial sites
- Large and small private residential gardens
- Xeriscape Gardens
- Multi-unit residential gardens (e.g., gated communities, apartment buildings., etc..)
- Institutional (Schools, Care facilities…)
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Horticulture and Garden Clubs, Service Groups, School Children
- Individual and/or Community Projects (Clean-up Groups, Community Gardens, etc..)
- URBAN FORESTRY
- Tree Preservation and Planting
- BEST BLOCK – Nominate your Block, Street, Boulevard or Lane, Cul-de-Sac
- GARDENER OF THE YEAR
If your nominee is a winner, they will be invited to an awards ceremony, held at Reid
Hall and Benvoulin Church this fall, organized by CiB in conjunction with the Parks
This is a fun project designed to beautify Kelowna, please participate!!! Nominate by
writing to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Green Thumb
Nominations can also be sent to:
Green Thumb Nominations
City of Kelowna Park Service
1359 KLO Rd.
The deadline for nominations is June 29, 2013.